DESTINATION WEDDING WEEKENDS AT UPPER HOUSE HAYFIELD
Have your perfect wedding weekend in the perfect English castle!
Upper House is hired exclusively for the whole weekend, so all your guests can relax and enjoy the beautiful countryside in this spectacular National Park in the centre of England.
Manchester Airport is 25 miles from the property, and private Upper House transport can be provided for all your guest transport needs during your stay, from airport runs to visits to local landmarks such as Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Castle Howard.
This private castle was the secret home of the Knights Templar for 100 years. The Mayor of Manchester used it as his hunting lodge in the centre of his 6,000 acre country estate and the property still retains a private shooting ground and the fishing rights for Kinder Reservoir.
The moorland estate of Kinder, that once belonged to Upper House, is now owned by the National Trust and is one of the most famous mountains in the country.
It was the first National Park to be created in the world, and has spectacular geological features appreciated by climbers, walkers, wildlife enthusiasts, artists and athletes, and is protected for all to enjoy.
Today, you can recreate the days of a private staffed country estate and hire the place for a memorable wedding weekend. From the moment you arrive, you will be served the best of English cuisine, including traditional English breakfast and afternoon tea.
In part of the castle is an original English pub, where you can enjoy a traditional English beer, your own selection of contemporary cocktails, or fine wines from the personally selected cellar.
The owners, Sovereign Events, will make sure that the whole weekend is created for you to enjoy just as you wish. They can help with all aspects of planning your wedding and planning your weekend.
If you want a traditional English experience, or a combination of different cultural traditions, Sovereign Events will support you to achieve the wedding you want, and help you to choose the suppliers you need.
You can select from our established partners to provide flowers, cake, the wedding feast, wine, photographers, videographers, musicians, hairdressers and make-up artists, or you can bring your own event experts as you wish. The food is provided from our in-house catering team, who you will work with you throughout the planning stages to create the menus you want.
You can say your wedding vows in the historic Medieval Great Hall, which dates from 1430.
Your wedding feast can take place in the huge tipi dining hall, with surround sound, feature lighting and temperature control, and guests can socialise in our pretty castle courtyard and discover the delights of our ancient pub and hidden Woodstore bar.
The nearby village of Hayfield has plenty of additional accommodation for your wedding guests. Clients are able to access all information regarding their event and the surrounding area via a personal client portal on the Upper House website.
Your £25,000.00 Upper House wedding package includes:
- Exclusive hire of the castle from 9.00am Friday until 10.00am Monday
- Minimum of 24 residents, maximum of 30 residents. Maximum of 130 wedding day guests
- Minibus transfers to/from Hayfield Village for all non-resident guests on the wedding day
- A choice of indoor and outdoor licensed wedding ceremony spaces – the Solstice tower, The Medieval Great Hall, The Large Lounge, The Clock Tower Archway
- Medieval Great Hall with capacity for 130 ceremony, 66 dining, ceremony table and banqueting chairs, heating & logs for fires, candelabra flower hoop included
- Contemporary Tipi Dining Hall with capacity for up to 130 dining, dark wood effect decked floor, buffalo leather dining chairs, 13 circular banqueting tables, selection of oblong tables, bespoke flower hoops and contemporary lighting, surround sound, heating, wine fridge
- Central Castle Courtyard with covered reception space, 6 outdoor patio heaters, festoon lighting, outdoor lounge and bistro seating furniture
- On site traditional English pub with fully stocked bar – open during staffed events
- Woodstore cocktail bar – open during the event evening.
- 30 acre woodland grounds
- Licensed shooting ground for clay target shoots
- Simulated game shoot rifle range
- Private access to the Kinder Mountain walks
- Exclusive access to Kinder Reservoir with exclusive fishing rights for residents (terms and conditions apply)
- 5 lounges with full SKY television packages
- 5 fully equipped house kitchens, stocked with complimentary teas & coffees, dairy & nondairy milks, freezers stocked with complimentary ice creams and artisan lollipops
- 13 bedrooms including 3 family suites and a downstairs study room with quality occasional double bed. All bedrooms equipped with guest bathrobes, slippers, towels for each guest, ‘Cloud 9’ hairdryers, Kinder Spring Water, fresh flower stems
- 12 bathrooms with complimentary luxury toiletries including face masks, body scrubs, hand cream, body lotion, soap, bath salts and bath teas from Buxton’s Wild Olive, Marvis toothpaste. Hand wash, hand cream, body wash, shampoo and conditioner from The Bath House, Cumbria, England
- Housekeeping schedule throughout the weekend
- Event equipment for use as required – post box, present table, blackboards, easels, large incense burner, candleholders, outdoor cushions, throws and blankets, storm lantern candle holders, vases, PA system
- Management and support from the experienced family team throughout the booking period
- All day management and co-ordination on the wedding day until the close of the event
- Schedule of client meetings throughout the booking period
- Client access to Upper House online Client Portal
- Invitation to complimentary wine tasting day at Upper House
- Options for extended stays.
Private House Hospitality Package for 24 residents.
Arrival full English breakfast
Derbyshire Continental breakfast
Hot breakfast sandwiches
Please see below a Sample Menu of the Weekend Hospitality. Choices can be altered or substituted to suit you. Clients will have menu development meetings with the caterers as part of their package. For the Wedding Day food, clients will work with the caterers to create the menu they wish and a Wedding menu tasting session will be offered during the booking period.
Served as guests arrive in
The Breakfast Kitchen
Cheshire Smoked bacon
Heathcote Cumberland Sausage
Bury Black Pudding
Lancashire Baked Beans
Roasted field mushrooms
Kilner jars of home made Jams
Bramhall bakery Bloomers
Kilner jars of Greek yoghurts
Served on 3 tier cake stands
Beef carpaccio with horseradish
and pea shoots
Cucumber and mint butter
Herb roasted chicken with
Welsh Rare bit
Manchester quails egg
Scones with strawberry jam
and clotted cream
Berry fruit tarts
Selection of teas and coffee
PRE WEDDING SUPPER
Please choose 3 from the below
Served on sharing platters in The Great Hall
Warm tuna Niçoise salad
Fish pie with cod cheeks, king
prawns and Scottish salmon and smoked haddock bound in a
white wine sauce topped with creamed potato
Tiger prawns with thin noodle salad
Warm poached salmon salad with asparagus and quails eggs
Sea bass on a bed of roast squash with chilli and fresh herbs
Roasted sea trout with a mussel sauce on pan fried baby gem lettuce
Green Thai chicken curry with sticky rice
Garlic and chilli chicken sagwala
Chicken with tarragon cream on confit fennel
Five spiced apple braised pork belly with a calvados jus, served on shallot mash
Roast pork fillet on a Tuscan bean stew
Traditional lamb hot pot with red cabbage
Braised lamb with a parmesan crust,
on a summer vegetable broth
Moroccan lamb tagine with
fruit cous cous
Pot roast brisket with seasonal baby vegetables and pearl barley
12 hour braised shin of beef with colcannon new potatoes and roast
Strips of Cheshire beef pan fried with a horseradish cream sauce and roasted new potatoes
Red Thai curry with summer vegetables and sticky rice
Wild mushroom and truffle oil risotto
Char grilled courgette risotto with ricotta and a lemon oil dressing
Aubergine, chickpea and olive tagine with pomegranate yoghurt, apricot and pistachio cous cous
Paneer tikka masala with braised rice
Roasted sweet potato and lentil dhal with braised rice
Vegetable chow mein with rice
- The price of £27,000.00 includes 24 Residents for a three night stay and any number of Non- Resident guests up to a total of 130 people for the Wedding Day.
- Additional Resident Guests sharing the family rooms or using the occasional bed in the downstairs study £495.00 per person for three nights, including Private House Hospitality package – maximum 30 residents
- Please ask for a quote for children.
- The Wedding Feast is not included for any guests and you can choose the style of catering you wish.
- All Private House Hospitality menus can be supplemented or adapted as required, subject to additional costs.
- Sunday/Monday catering is additional and can be tailored to your guest numbers and requirements.
- Additional catering costs are met directly with our catering partners, Vanilla in All Seasons.
- Additional events and parties which include non-residents must be supported by Upper House and are subject to additional charges
Marriage Ceremonies in England
Upper House is a venue licensed to hold legal marriages, same sex marriages and civil partnerships. You will need to book the venue in advance of applying for a legal marriage ceremony. Local Government Registrars will perform the ceremony at Upper House. You can email them (email@example.com) to request their availability for the date you prefer. Once the date is booked, you will need to ensure that any visas and documents you will require for a legal marriage in the UK are in place.
The British Government website can inform you of the requirements for a marriage in England. www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships
Upper House can also source a suitable personal celebrant for a non-legal marriage ceremony. Translators and translation services can also be sourced, and payment for any such services can be met with the provider.